|June 30, 2019
The Big Interview - Debbie Delgado Haynie
As a part of the buildup for the upcoming 40th Anniversary of the graduation of the Class of 1979, the reunion committee is reaching out to find out what has been going on with some of our classmates.
Today’s featured classmate is Debbie Delgado Haynie!
I live in Belton, South Carolina. I have lived in Clemson, Anderson and Belton since graduating high school.
- Debbie, where do you live now and where all have you lived since high school?
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 30 years. We have a special needs son and a daughter. My daughter is married and we got our first grandchild (a precious boy) September 5, 2018.
- What would you like to tell us about your marital status, and do you have children and/or grandchildren?
I worked in the legal field for 25 years then moved to the accounting field for about 5 years. I am now working with the City of Greenville in the Purchasing Department focusing mainly on City contracts.
- What has been your line(s) of work?
My best memory from high school is Friday football games. I still love Friday night football and of course Clemson football.
- What is your best memory from high school?
Not a whole lot actually.
- What were you involved in during high school?
Peggy Anthony. I always loved being around her. She was always such a positive influence and was always loving life and what she did.
- Who was your favorite or most influential teacher at PHS?
I think I would try to be involved in more activities. I was a bit timid back in those days.
- If you were to be transported back to high school days what would you do differently?
I have been to two. I don’t remember much at all about the 5 year reunion. I went to the 30 year and I remember thanking God that I was able to still be here to attend.
- Have you been to any of the reunions before? If so, what are your memories from them?
I am pretty involved at my church so that takes a lot of my time, which I love. In my spare time, I like to just be at home watching some type of sports.
- What are your hobbies now, or what do you like to do in your spare time?
I think it’s going to be great seeing everyone.
- Who would you most like to see again at the reunion?
At the time of our 30 year reunion, I was going through chemotherapy treatments for breast cancer. I am especially looking forward to this one because I am much healthier and I feel better now than I did then and will be able to enjoy it much more.
- Is there anything you would like to share that we have not asked?
Thanks to Debbie for sharing this information with us!