|May 7, 2019
The Big Interview - Robin Edens!
As a part of the buildup for the upcoming 40th Anniversary of the graduation of the Class of 1979, the reunion committee is reaching out to find out what has been going on with some of our classmates.
Today’s featured classmate is Robin Edens!
After High school I continued to live on Secona Road in Pickens then in 1990 I built a house in the beautiful upstate of Pickens near Table Rock which I still reside at today.
- Robin, where do you live now and where all have you lived since high school?
Single, No Children or Grand Children, One Goddaughter, One Godson, Three Great Godson’s & One Great Goddaughter.
- What is your marital status and do you have children and/or grandchildren?
I left Duke Energy at Oconee Nuclear Station after 21 years of service and started a career in Environmental Health & Safety. In 2013 I started my own safety company. Today I contract with Voith Hydro @ Oconee Nuclear Station- it’s amazing how life comes back around in one big circle! I also own a cleaning company, so I stay busy.
- What has been your line of work?
Hanging out with friends. 😊, cruising main street, still living at home and the only thing I had to worry about was washing dishes and keeping my room clean.
- What is your best memory from high school?
To tell the truth…probably cutting school…lol…I do remember cutting classes one day and my mom and sister came to get me out early…. boy was I in trouble when I got home! (of course, I blamed it on Beth, Pam & Carolyn). For some reason I remember more about Jr. High than I do high school…it must have been more than the school that was HIGH!
- What all were you involved in during high school?
I really got along with all my teacher’s but while thinking back I think Mr. Cooper was far-most my favorite.
- Who was your favorite or most influential teacher at PHS?
I probably would have gone to class and paid attention. I definitely would have got involved in more extra curricular activities and I would have gone to all the proms.
- If you were to be transported back to high school days what would you do differently?
Yes, I think I’ve been to all of them(you know I am getting older…so, if my memory serves me right). I enjoyed seeing everyone, dancing to the 70’s music, and the BBQ at Jaycee Park, playing ball and just making memories!
- Have you been to any of the reunions before? If so, what are your memories from them?
I like kayaking, hiking, traveling and enjoying the outdoors: not much time since I do work 6 days a week. ☹
- What are your hobbies now, or what do you like to do in your spare time?
I really enjoy seeing everyone but people that really come to mind due to some good memories; MaryJo Pitts, Tena & Jerrilynn Hostetler, Cindy Martin, Beth Baker, Sandy Curtis, Debbie Dodson, Pauline Picklesimer, Carolyn Lyda, Denise & Deloris Chappell and of course still to this day one of my best friends Pam (Bag-a-Bones) Jackson!
- Who would you most like to see again at the reunion?
I did want to say that it saddens me to know that we have lost so many classmates due to many different reasons. So, we as fellow classmates should continue to carry that “Blue Flame Torch” and keep the flame alive through the precious memories we have of them.
- Is there anything you would like to share that we haven’t asked?
Thanks to Robin for sharing this information with us!
Remember to register and RSVP on the website and get your tickets early to catch up with all our old friends.